As part of our well being workshops series, we offer informative and engaging nutrition talks. Designed with the busy professional in mind, these talks are delivered by certified nutritionists and nutritional health coaches and address common dietary and lifestyle struggles that we all encounter on a daily basis.
A healthy Body can lead to a Healthy mind.It is very true when people say we are what we eat. The body needs the correct nutrients both macro and micro nutrients in order to function correctly.Would you put unleaded petrol in a diesel engine and expect it to operate correctly, If you had little water in the engine would the engine fire as smoothly as it could do……
The body is no different but the only difference is with a car we can change the engine or filters, pumps, starter motor unfortunately its not that simple with the body.Look after the most precious commodity you have and that’s your family and your own health!
- Why is proper nutrition important?
- What nutrients does your body need to run efficiently?
- What are some key concepts to an effective nutritional program?
- What are the results of poor nutrition?
- Water and the benefits of having enough in our diet
- Macro-Nutrients – essential for human survival and growth
- Micro-Nutrients – essential for growth and enhance the function and usability of macro-nutrients
- Planning a structured and healthy diet!
The Key Concepts to an Effective Nutritional Plan:-
- Attempt to eat 4-6 meals per day
- Minimum of 8 glasses of water per day or roughly 2 litres
- Attempt to consume carbohydrates, proteins, and fats in every meal
- Vegetables are the best source of vitamins and minerals
- Read labels and understand serving sizes
- Supplements should be used as supplements
- Make a lifestyle change – diets often fail
There are currently six, 60-minute workshop topics available for delivery.
SUGAR BLUES: CURB YOUR CRAVINGS FOR GOOD
An introduction to food cravings, specifically looking at the negative implications and effects of sugar consumption. Learn why our bodies crave sugar and practical tips to beat your sugar cravings for good. See your productivity and energy levels soar as you implement sugar-free treats in to your diet.
BOOST YOUR BRAIN POWER
Research shows that the food you consume is one of the most powerful influences on everyday brain skills. Get smart on foods and nutrients that will sharpen your mind and your mood, starve off Alzheimer’s (and other forms of dementia) as well as exercise and meditation techniques to keep your brain at the top of it’s game.
LESS ABOUT WEIGHT MORE ABOUT LIVING
Gain an understanding of effective weight loss, a healthy attitude to weight and body image, and the importance of an individualised approach to shedding those pounds. This workshop will also include a segment on a how to have a healthy and non-restrictive, do-it-yourself at home detox.
TIRED OF BEING TIRED
See your energy soar with these suggested dietary and lifestyle changes and learn to steer clear of foods that will cause your energy levels to plummet. Hear about healthy habits that will ensure you get the most restful and restorative sleep possible and how to start your day with a spring in your step every morning.
BOOKING & LOGISTICS
Nutrition workshops can take place in a boardroom, meeting room, canteen, or any available space you have in your office. Participants will leave with a handout and a suggested shopping list following the workshop. Workshops and consultations are delivered by certified nutritionists and health coaches. More workshop topics are available. Click Here to send us an enquiry to find out more.
Not all wellbeing activities requiring rolling out yoga mats or getting sweaty. Our series of wellbeing workshops will teach your team about healthy topics in an informal seminar setting. We currently offer the following wellbeing workshops:
SLEEP TO ACHIEVE, SUCCEED & THRIVE
Learn tips, techniques and healthy habits to help you sleep more soundly and ensure the sleep that you do get (even if limited) is the most restful and restorative it can be. This 60 minute workshop will include:
- The long-term effects of sleep deprivation and an insight into the workings of our sleep cycle.
- Sleep-inducing lifestyle and dietary habits.
- Strategies for surviving on limited hours of sleepMindfulness meditation techniques and relaxing breathing practices to switch your mind off work mode.
RESILIENCE TOOLKIT FOR THE WORKPLACE
With resilience skills we flourish and stay proactive. Without them, we risk losing confidence, stalling important decisions and narrowing our outlook. This session takes you through a toolkit to build resilience in life and at work. We’ll touch on:
- Setting the Scene for Physical Wellbeing
- Developing Resilient Thinking & Attitudes
- Tools for Noticing & Managing Emotions
- Behaviours – Responding vs Reacting
- Roundup of 7 Skills to Build Resilience your resistance to colds, bugs and stress-related sick days
DESK JOB REMEDY
Create your own tool kit of tips, stretches and practices to help bring balance and remedy into your life and start undoing some of that desk-time. This workshop will flow through movements designed to gently undo the postural patterns and adaptations caused by chair and screen time, all packaged and sealed with a guided relaxation and take-home tips.
From introductory sessions to specific workshops on self care, resilience and stress, our mindfulness meditation classes cover a range of topics.
We offer the following nutrition workshops: Sugar Blues: Curb your Craving for Good, Boost your Brain Power, Less about Weight, more about Living and Tired of being Tired?
CORPORATE WELLBEING PROGRAMMES
With so many corporate wellbeing activities on offer, we appreciate it can be overwhelming to choose the most suitable programme. From mindfulness meditation to massage, we bring a diverse portfolio of wellbeing activities and initiatives directly to your office or an off-site location of your choice. Whether you’re planning an office wellbeing day, week or year-long programme of initiatives, we’ll put together a programme of healthy experiences and activities at a bespoke cost, that will engage employees and boost the bottom line.
Contact Pitch Sports Consultancy
Click Here if you’d like to find out more about our Nutrition Workshops.